Q-interactive Readiness Review & Technical Requirements
This review will help you make sure that your workplace systems can support the Q-interactive platform. The technical requirements for an optimal Q-interactive Experience are listed below. Note that all hardware is purchased separately from your Q-interactive licence.
Your plans for Q-interactive
It may be useful for you to consider the following questions:
- How did you come to the decision to use Q-interactive in your practice?
- How do you plan on integrating Q-interactive into your practice?
- What kind of training and support is currently available for staff when using technology?
- Whose responsibility will it be within the practice to oversee and ensure all staff are trained in using Q-interactive?
Internet access & browser requirements
- Do you have sufficient internet access in the practice to set up assessments? Note: you don’t need internet access during the assessment, only when setting up and sending assessments to the iPad and back.
- Does your practice support the minimum browser requirements? See table below for a list of common browsers that are supported for Q-interactive.
Q-interactive requires the use of two Apple® iPads® that connect via Bluetooth. The file link below lists which models can be used for the practitioner and client devices.
- One stylus for writing notes and capturing examinee responses
- Two anti-glare screen covers to minimise glare from interior lighting
- Two durable cases to protect iPads
Good Q-interactive housekeeping
As a Q-interactive user, you’ll need to make sure your system is up-to-date and functioning appropriately. Follow the guide below to make sure you have good Q-interactive housekeeping.